A little about the Neighbourhood TAVIS initiative
The 2011 Neighbourhood TAVIS Initiative (NTI) commenced on June 13, as part of this initiative, sixty-four additional police officers and three support staff are assigned to two different neighbourhoods to conduct patrols and work together with the community – all in an effort to createsustainability, safe neighbourhoods.
The TAVIS officers will be focusing their efforts in the Weston-Mount Dennis (WMTI) neighbourhood of 12/31 Divisions and the Eglinton East -Kennedy Park (EKTI) neighbourhood in 41/43 Divisions. These neighbourhoods were chosen using crime trend analysis, hotspot occurrence mapping and community consultation. The neighbourhoods were identified because they are experiencing a disproportionate level of criminal activity for their size.
This summer the TAVIS officers will be walking and cycling throughout the
· to intervene and prevent violence
· introducing themselves to neighbourhood residents and business owners
· participating in local activities and events
· expanding current relationships and partnerships and creating new ones
· providing the community with information about the TAVIS concept of policing
· working with citizens, the community, and the City of Toronto to mobilize the community with the goal of creating a safer neighbourhood
For more timely Neighbourhood TAVIS Initiative updates, follow TAVIS on
Facebook (TAVISTPS) & Twitter: (TAVIS_TPS)